Analyze how this health status affects the demand for health care.
The purpose of this assignment is to discover how social determinants affect the health of a particular population. The first step of this assignment is to choose a location and disease process from the following list:
- An emergency department in New Orleans; addiction, hypertension management
- A rural tribal clinic in northeast Arizona; addiction, diabetes management
- A children’s clinic in McAllen, TX; obesity, diabetes management
Write a 750-1,000 word paper in which you accomplish the following:
- Describe the setting of your facility.
- Describe the chosen population.
- Explain how social determinants affect the population’s health status.
- Analyze how this health status affects the demand for health care.
- Provide one or two ways this health issue can be addressed.
Incorporate two or three peer-reviewed scholarly resources in your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
Essentials of Health Economics
Dewar, D. M. (2017). Essentials of health economics (2nd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett Learning. ISBN-13: 9781284054620
Government and Policy for U.S. Health Leaders
Higbea, R., & Cline, G. (2021). Government and policy for U.S. health leaders (2nd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett Learning. ISBN-13: 9781284207767 (Available as a custom eBook – includes only Chapter 6)