Assess the fiscal condition of the selected organization utilizing and interpreting ﬁnancial indicators
Select one not-for-profit organization in an area of interest to you and review the financial statements and audit report for the organization. The financial statements and audit report of the not-for-profit organization should be readily and publicly available on an active website.
Write a three- to five-page paper in which you do the following:
- Analyze the selected not-for-profit’s financial statements to determine if the statements conform to Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) guidance in Statement No. 117, “Financial Statements of Not-for-Profit Organizations” (FASB ASC 958-205-45). Explain the selected organization’s use of the three fund categories. Recommend at least two areas of potential interest to the stakeholder concerning the status of revenue and expenses.
- Analyze the organization’s statement of cash flows. Explain the format that the organization utilizes, including any unique areas of emphasis that differ from the GAAP accounting format.
- Compare the organization’s reporting of pledges and contributions with its reporting of exchange transactions. Discuss the funds that are utilized.
- Assess the fiscal condition of the selected organization utilizing and interpreting ﬁnancial indicators, using ﬁnancial ratios that are widely accepted as being indicative of ﬁscal health. This assessment should also be expanded to include fund-raising analysis, program review, contributions, and grant analysis and revenue analysis.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with 1-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.