Clinical Judgment Model Discussion
Learning Goal: I’m working on a writing discussion question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Describe in detail a clinical scenario you experienced, including all relevant information within these iterative stages of the Clinical Judgment Model
Recognize and Analyze Cues
- External cues
- Internal cues
- Cluster relevant cues with a description of cue analysis for importance and immediate concern
- Relevant cues must be linked to the client’s clinical presentation and ordered in the significance of priority needs
Create and Prioritize Hypotheses
- Generate a minimum of three hypotheses based on the analysis of cues.
- Evaluate and prioritize the top two hypotheses
- Provide rationales and evidence to support choices for each priority hypothesis
- Generate Solutions
- Identify an expected outcome for each priority hypothesis
- Describe a set of priority interventions for each expected outcome
- Describe an implementation plan for priority interventions.
- Provide rationales and evidence to support choices for each priority intervention
- Describe an evaluation plan for outcomes related to expected results.
- Identify effective actions
- Describe an evaluation plan for outcomes related to unexpected results.
- Identify the actions related to declining or unchanged status
Summary of the ongoing iterative process of Clinical Judgment
- Provide a summary of what you believe went well, including at least one area of new knowledge gained with a description of how the new knowledge will affect your nursing practice
- Describe at least one part of the clinical judgment process you would do differently if faced with a similar clinical situation in the future. Explain why you would approach this situation in another way
RESPONSES TO CLASSMATES
- Identify two responses which contain new knowledge you had not considered previously
- Describe how this new knowledge could impact your nursing practice.