Defining DAP using Developmental Theory
Assignment – Defining DAP using Developmental Theory
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Module 01 Content
Top of Form
At some point in your career, you may find yourself in the position of having to explain to a child’s family member why a certain activity is conducted in your program. For this assignment, you will create a PowerPoint presentation as a tool for helping families understand how DAP (Developmentally Appropriate Practice) is connected to theory and why this connection is important in planning a curriculum.
To complete this assignment, do the following:
1. Review the following resources:
. Rasmussen Writing Guide: PowerPoints Page (for assistance with developing good PowerPoint presentations)
. NAEYC Position Statement titled Developmentally Appropriate Practice in Early Childhood Programs Serving Children from Birth through Age 8
Step 1: PSDAP.pdf (this is attached to the file I posted)
. Outline of Educational Learning Theories and Theorists
Step 2: OutlineTheoriesTheorists.docx (this is attached to the file I posted)
Developmentally Appropriate Practice (DAP) is an essential component to use when working with young children and their growth and development.
1. Choose 3 theorists from the chart included on this module’s Theoretical Foundations of Child Development page and/or the other readings from this module.
1. In a minimum of 10 PowerPoint content slides (not counting the title and reference slides), for each of the 3 theorists you selected in Step 2, relate the theorist’s influences/theory to the 5 DAP (Developmentally Appropriate Practice) guidelines outlined in the NAEYC Position Statement mentioned in Step 1. Your presentation should indicate your understanding of how DAP is supported by foundational theories. In keeping with appropriate PowerPoint presentations, include speaker notes for each content slide. Speaker notes should be in the range of 50 to 100 words.
1. Cite references for all information included in the presentation, using the reading materials from this module and references included on the Outline of Educational Learning Theories and Theorists mentioned in Step 1. You may use other credible sources as well.
1. Include a title slide and a reference slide (with references in APA format).
For information on credible sources, see the answer to the How Do I Know if a Source Is Credible? question in the Answers database. For help with formatting citations and references in APA format, see the In-Text Citations and References pages of the APA Guide. Bookmark this page so that you can refer to it for future assignments.
Bottom of Form