Describe the overarching aim of the project, including the impact on a process or systems change.
The project charter provides an overview of the proposed project and is a working plan for how it will be executed. It contains key information including the who, what, when, and where of the project and how it will be conducted. For this assignment, you will use information from the interview you conducted and the template linked in Resources to develop the first part of the project charter for your project.
Drawing from the gap, need, or opportunity for improvement identified in the leadership interview, begin to develop a project charter for the topic. Although this project should address a relevant gap, data or contextual evidence may not be available. In that case, you may use fictitious information for this assignment or obtain data from the general literature (make sure to cite the source).
Using the Project Charter Template provided, complete Part 1 for this assignment. Write in the narrative where indicated. Be succinct but be sure to include all required information. Use citations as needed and include the reference list on the last page.
The following instructions correspond to the criteria in the assignment scoring guide, so be sure to address each point:
- Create an acronym to identify the project name.
- Get creative! A good acronym is memorable and distinct.
- Justify the selection of departmental and executive sponsors.
- Describe briefly why you chose these sponsors (fiscal, political, other support?).
- Describe the overarching aim of the project, including the impact on a process or systems change.
- Include a specific goal you hope to achieve by the end of the project.
- Summarize the specific project strategy or intervention that will be used to accomplish the goal or aim.
- Identify and provide a brief description of project team members and reasons for your choices.
- Describe the impact the project will have on stakeholders, including patient safety and quality.
- Be sure to note how you will include the voice of the patient or consumer.
- Convey purpose, in an appropriate tone and style, incorporating supporting evidence and adhering to organizational, professional, and scholarly writing standards.
Example assignment: You may use the assignment example, linked in the Resources, to give you an idea of what a Proficient or higher rating on the scoring guide would look like.
- Written communication: Write clearly, accurately, and professionally, incorporating sources appropriately.
- Length of paper: Complete all fields of Project Charter Template Part 1.
- Resources: Include sources where appropriate within the template, reference list last page.
- APA format: Cite your sources using current APA format.
- Font and font size: Times Roman, 12 points.