Discuss the current trend in the use of over-the-counter vitamins.
Part 1: Advanced Health Assessment
Topic: abdomen and neurological system
The purpose of this assignment is to practice the skills you have learned and demonstrate your ability to assess the abdomen and neurological system.
1. Inspect the skin and contour of the abdomen
2. Observe for peristalsis and pulsations
3. Auscultate the abdomen
4. Auscultate for bruits over the aorta, renal arteries, iliac arteries and femoral arteries
5. Percuss the abdomen
6. Palpate the abdomen (light then deep)
7. Assess for peritoneal inflammationa
a. Rebound tenderness
b. Murphy’s sign
c. Rovsing’s sign}
d. Psoas sign
e. Obturator sign
f. Cutaneous hyperesthesia
8. Percuss liver
9. Palpate liver
10. Percuss spleen
12. Palpate bilateral kidneys
a. Assess for CVA tenderness
13. Palpate width of the aorta
B. Nervous system
1. Assess mental status
2. Cranial nerves 1-12
3. Motor system: muscle bulk, tone strength, coordination, gait and stance
4. Sensory system: pain/temp, vibration, light touch, discrimination
5. Deep tendon reflexes
Part 2: Physiology 1
Topic: organ dysfunction syndrome (MODS)
1. Describe multiple MODS
2. Summarize the pathophysiology
3. Clinical manifestations,
4. Evaluation, and treatment.
Part 3: Physiology 2
Topic: Psoriasis, lichen planus, pemphigus, seborrheic keratosis, and actinic keratosis.
1. Describe the pathophysiology
2. clinical manifestations
3. evaluation, and treatment(s)
Part 4: Pharmacology 1
1. Discuss the current trend in the use of over-the-counter vitamins.
2. What are the expected health outcomes and the outcomes for different populations?
Part 5: Pharmacology 2
1. Discuss and identify a specific population group or aggregate that have high levels of tuberculosis
2. Identify health policies that advocate for the improvement of health in this population group.
Part 6: Financing 1
This course focuses on health policy formation and evaluation in politics enhancing the student’s political knowledge and skills in preparing for leadership roles in policy-making and public health. Topics include history, trends, and issues in health care systems; legal issues, legislation and regulation; funding, planning, and delivery systems; and evaluation of health care services to individuals and populations. Methods of fostering creative and positive change in nursing roles, both as participants in policy processes and as professionals affected by policy changes, are included in this course. The student will analyze the complex dynamics of organizational process, structure, culture, and outcomes in state and national public sector policy making that affects nursing.
1. Reflect on what you have learned in this course.
2. What were your major takeaways? Surprises?
3. How will you apply what you have learned to your career?
Part 7: Financing 2
1.. Describe how the educational level achieved by a nurse or the entry point into professional nursing practice affects the quality and competence of a nurse’s participation in policy making.
2. Why it is important for registered nurses to influence the regulatory process?
3. Does the nurses education have influence on their ability to make an impact? .