Evaluate a financial plan of your local city agency or program
THE AUDIT ANALYSIS
The Audit Analysis
You are preparing for a challenging City Council meeting. You need to be able to give the other council members and mayor an accurate “city of affairs” to make sure significant cuts can be made in the appropriate areas, and other critical areas can continue to be funded. Select an agency or program from your local city to analyze the financial plan to respond to the following questions in a 4–5 page paper:
- Evaluate a financial plan of your local city agency or program. Title this section Financial Plan.
- Propose one issue for improvement for the budget of the agency or program. Title this section Improvement.
- Develop a budget proposal for the improvement issue. Title this section Budget Proposal.
- Justify your recommendations.
- Distinguish the similarities and differences between the federal, state, and local budget submission process. Title this section Federal, State, and Local Submission Process.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Include a short introduction (include background information of agency or program information) and use the questions as section headers.
- Please include at least four references; at least two references must be peer-reviewed.
- Include the URL of the location of your city’s financial plan and any other documentation you used for your budget analysis.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Evaluate an existing budget and justify its recommendations.