Nurse Staffing in the US Discussion
Hospital Nurse-Staffing Models
Butler, M., Schultz, T. J., Halligan, P., Sheridan, A., Kinsman, L., Rotter, T., Beaumier, J., Kelly, R. G., & Drennan, J. (2019). Hospital nurse-staffing models and patient- and staff-related outcomes. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2019(4), CD007019. https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD007019.pub3 (Links to an external site.)
Harrington, C., Dellefield, M. E., Halifax, E., Fleming, M. L., & Bakerjian, D. (2020). Appropriate nurse staffing levels for U.S. nursing homes. Health Services Insights, 13, 1-14. https://doi.org/10.1177/1178632920934785 (Links to an external site.)
- Read the articles by Butler et al. (2019) and Harrington et al. (2020).
- For your initial discussion post include the following:
- Describe your main “take-away” from the articles
- How will the information obtained inform your current and future role as a nurse leader?
- Provide information on current state and/or federal health policy specific to nurse-staffing in the U.S.
- What impact would the policy have on hospital nurse staffing, patient outcomes, and the costs of care?