Outline which financial and other records marketing and sales maintains where TBL can provide data.
In this project, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following competency:
- Assess current performance of an organization through analysis of financial statements.
In Project One: Applying Strategic and Operational Thinking, you prepared Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the marketing and sales departments of your product line.
Now, the CEO has provided you with a revised set of KPIs. You need to apply these KPIs toward the analysis of a proposed marketing and sales initiative to increase loyalty card memberships in neighborhoods with predominantly low-income populations, whether the populations are in rural, suburban, or city locations.
The CEO wants this analysis so that she can chart the sustainability and growth of the initiative while assuring it meets standards for Corporate Social Responsibility.
The CEO has provided you with several documents, available in the Supporting Materials section of this project. She wants you to use the provided Triple Bottom Line Balanced Scorecard to assess the strategic plan’s compliance with the KPIs and summarize your findings in a memo.
Complete the following to provide the analysis required by the CEO:
- Identify the financial records that indicate commitment to TBL.
- Outline which financial and other records marketing and sales maintains where TBL can provide data.
- Using the TBL scorecard, evaluate the alignment of the strategic plan with KPIs. Remember, there may be multiple outcomes of this exercise. Your focus should be to apply your understanding of the scenario and evaluate the plan accordingly.
- Which ideas in the plan support the KPI criteria? Cite specific ideas that meet the criteria.
- Explain how they meet the criteria.
- In your memo:
- Describe how the TBL data relates to the KPIs.
- Identify which additional TBL financial line items are needed to measure the cost for each criterion.For example, should there be a line entry for hiring temporary workers?
- Referring back to the SWOT analyses from Project One, explain how functional considerations of individual departments contribute to financial performance.
What to Submit
To complete this project, you must submit the following:
KPI and Triple Bottom Line Balanced Scorecard
- Complete and submit the KPI and Triple Bottom Line Balanced Scorecard. In the scorecard spreadsheet, identify one additional KPI, a related SMART objective, and its measurement criterion. You need to do this for all three elements of TBL: people, planet, and profit. You have been provided with one example for each TBL element.
- In a Word document, write a memo outlining your analysis. Ensure that the memo is organized by TBL element with a header for each segment of your analysis. The Word document should use double-spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins. This memo should be no more than 6 pages in length, and include references cited in APA format. Consult the Shapiro Library APA Style Guide for more information on citations.