Relationship Building – Collaboration, (Self And Social Awareness)
Criteria for Success: In this assignment, you will:
- Provide clear and comprehensive documentation of the common measurable goal the team has completed.
- Describe team process, including each person’s role and responsibilities and how these were established.
- Identify collaborative tools (or potential tools used) and explain how they supported (or would support) work towards a common goal, with specific examples.
- Describe 2–3 effective collaborative approaches and how they were used by the group to accomplish the team’s goal, including concrete examples.
- Describe challenges and opportunities for improvement in collaborative teamwork, including specific examples.
What to submit/deliverables: A completed Reflection on Collaborative Strategies in Meeting a Common Goal.What is the value of doing this assignment? This assignment gives you the opportunity to practice your relationship building skill, further developing your interpersonal interactions and collaboration techniques. It will show that you can collaborate with others to resolve a problem and work toward a common goal.Almost every job application lists communication as a requirement. We’ve all had experiences—whether on the playground, over text, or in a parent-teacher conference—where we know we could have communicated more clearly and effectively. This assignment asks you to use what you’ve learned in the course about interpersonal interaction, collaborating in small groups, and responding in the workplace to complete a common goal and reflect on the collaborative approaches used. Worried about where to start? The good news is that you’ve already established a foundation with these skills by reading Chapters 2, 5, and 20 in The Art of Public Speaking. You will use what you learned in those chapters to help you complete this assignment.Your goal for this assignment is to: Complete a common goal with a team and reflect on the collaborative strategies and approaches used.What you need to complete this assignment: To complete this assignment, you will need the following resources:
- Assignment Overview Video.
- Reflection on Collaborative Strategies in Meeting a Common Goal Template .
Steps to complete: In Week 6, complete and submit your assignment in BlackBoard using the following steps: