RESEARCH PROJECT ABOUT RACIAL EQUITY IN OREGON
Racial Equity in Oregon
You can either write a paper which you then discuss, OR, create a presentation to share. Either way, please be prepared to share what you learned with your classmates.
· Discusses a topic, such as cultural appropriation, gentrification, the model minority myth, tone policing, white washing of history, or one of your choice; OR discusses a person of color who has been significant in Oregon history. Please discuss your topic with me to avoid repetition.
· Uses an accepted format for citations, with both in text citations and a works cited/bibliography page.
· Uses correct spelling, punctuation, grammar and sentence structure
· Is either a paper, Prezi, or Powerpoint. Papers should be a minimum of 3 pages, double spaced. Presentations must be 10 minutes in length. Be prepared to share either.
· Uses concrete examples from outside sources. You may also use course readings but not as the only source.
· Presents facts accurately.
Paper quality fails to meet any one or more of the above requirements
Paper quality fails to meet any two or more of the above requirements
Paper quality fails to meet any three or more of the above requirements
Paper quality fails to meet any of the above requirements.
Additionally, evidence of plagiarism, even in an otherwise acceptable project, will result in a failed grade.