Spreadsheet Decision Modeling
For Instructor’s Use only
Students’ Grade: Marks Obtained/Out of
Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
· The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
· Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
· Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
· Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
· Late submission will NOT be accepted.
· Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
· All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
· Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Course Learning Outcomes-Covered
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs)
Find some structured ways of dealing with complex managerial decision problems.
Explain simple decision models and management science ideas that provide powerful and (often surprising) qualitative insight about large spectrum of managerial problems.
Demonstrate the tools for deciding when and which decision models to use for specific problems.
· Log in to Saudi Digital Library (SDL) via University’s website
· On first page of SDL, choose “English Databases”
· From the list find and click on EBSCO database.
· In the Search Bar of EBSCO find the following article:
Title: The Effects of Using Business Intelligence Systems on an Excellence Management and Decision-Making Process by Start-Up Companies: A Case Study
Author: Otmane Azeroual, Horst Theel (March 2018)
Assignment Questions: (Marks 05)
Read the above Case Study and answer the following Questions:
1. Explain the decision making method discussed in this study (300-400 words) (2-Marks)
2. What are the advantages of using Business intelligence in companies, as discussed in this study? (250-300words) (2-Marks)
3. What is your opinion about this study and how it is connected to course and beneficial for you? (150-200 words) (1-Mark)