Teamwork Training and Development Plan Paper
Assessment 4: Training Plan
Prepare a 5-7 page training and development plan for a challenge that would be appropriate to present for executive approval.
YOUR ABILITY TO CREATE A WELL-FORMED TRAINING PLAN THAT ADDRESSES BOTH EMPLOYEE AND ORGANIZATIONAL NEEDS AND CONCERNS ENSURES THAT THE WORKFORCE IS CURRENT, RELEVANT, AND RESPONSIVE TO ENVIRONMENTAL MARKET FORCES AND COMMUNITY NEEDS.
Overview and Preparation
CHOOSE ONE OF THE CHALLENGES BELOW (OR ONE OF YOUR OWN) AS THE FOCUS OF AN HR TRAINING OR DEVELOPMENT PLAN FOR A DEPARTMENT IN A HEALTH CARE ORGANIZATION.
Teamwork is lacking in some functional units. Many employees are operating as individuals in areas where teamwork is essential. Poor or inadequate goals and objective-setting seem to be a key issue.
There is a lack of preparation and orientation for newly hired employees. Many are not prepared for their job within the organization because of inadequate job-related training on company policies or procedures.
- Employees appear to be wasting time and working inefficiently. Time management seems to be a problem for many.
- Burnout is a very significant issue in the organization, especially among nursing staff. Supervisors are struggling to deal with the issue.
- Or choose and define a comparable challenge of your own.
- Use the Capella library and professional or academic resources on the Internet to research training and development strategies for addressing HR needs.
Prepare a training and development plan for your chosen challenge that would be appropriate to present for executive approval. Include the following:
A DESCRIPTION OF HOW THE PROPOSED TRAINING ADDRESSES THE IDENTIFIED CHALLENGE WITHIN AN ORGANIZATION OF YOUR CHOICE.
A list of employee types who should be included in the training and why.
A detailed description of the training topics and vector (seminar, online, conference, workshop, brown bag, et cetera). The budget and schedule should accurately reflect this choice.
- A budget (personnel, equipment, supplies, et cetera). Make sure to document any assumptions you make.
- A schedule with milestones associated with content creation and training delivery.
- Additional Requirements
- Your assessment should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Your assessment artifacts should be professionally written in a form and style appropriate for the various stakeholders. Consider the purpose of the document, its intended use, and the setting in which your plan will be presented.