Essay On Business Environment
The aim of this assessment is to identify and discuss the challenges ahead in the global business environment.
Essay topics will be provided by your lecturer.
The details of how the essay will be assessed can be found in the rubrics at the end of this study guide.
More specifically, the following aspects will be taken into consideration by the marker when marking the research essay:
- Depth of literature review: your scope of review should be broad enough to sufficiently cover the focal topic. Although it is not the only (or the best) indicator, ideally, the number of core references (the papers you actually analyse and discuss in your essay) should be around 15 to 20.
- Quality of references: use articles from academically peer reviewed journals, research books, and publications by government or institutions.
- Quality of your review: you should not only summarize major findings from the literature, but also critically evaluate them and identify contradictory issues or research gaps (if any).
- Your own analysis of the issue: provide your own arguments which can be derived from the literature or logically developed by yourself.
- Supporting your arguments: use real world examples (statistics, cases, etc.) to support your arguments. These examples need to be relevant and from reliable information sources.
- Overall writing: essay structure (intro-body-conclusion), cohesive and coherent writing, appropriate paragraphing, free of typographic and grammatical errors.
- Referencing style: use APA.
- Presentation: use font size 12 (Times New Roman), 1.5 line spacing, number the pages.