Consumers for Affordable Health Care
In the United States there is a large percentage without health insurance. Think about how uninsured individuals in the United States obtain care and how the cost of care may be covered. Several articles are provided below for your reference.
Please choose one of the groups listed and discuss what incentives would encourage or force members to obtain insurance.
Choose one of the following groups:
· Healthy and Young
· Sick, Active, and Worried
· Passive and Unengaged
· Vulnerable and Unengaged
· Informed, Healthy, and Educated
· Mature and Secure
· Legal immigrant
· Illegal immigrant
Articles for reference:
· Consumers for Affordable Health Care: Hospital Free Care: http://www.mainecahc.org/guide-to-maine-health-care/other-helpful-programs/hospital-bill-help/
· Division of Licensing and Regulatory Services Free Care Guidelines –pdf attached
· Many Uninsured Patients Get Primary Care for Free by Josh Gray and Tony Dreyfus : https://www.athenahealth.com/insight/uninsured-patients-get-primary-care-free/?sf39107917=1