Describe the role of nurse leaders in today’s health care environment.
My decision making skills result “
|You have an excellent approach to decision making! You know how to set up the process and generate lots of potential solutions. From there, you analyze the options carefully, and you make the best decisions possible based on what you know. As you gain more and more experience, use that information to evaluate your decisions, and continue to build on your decision-making success. Think about the areas where you lost points, and decide how you can include those areas in your process.
as you answered the questions, did you see some common themes? We based our quiz on six essential steps in the decision-making process:”
What have you learned about your decision making skills? What is your plan to improve your decision making skills? Write a one page summary of your answers to the two questions above.
2-Week 2 – Strategic PlanninG
DUE JANUARY 22
No unread replies.No replies.
Discuss strategic planning as a management process. Are you aware of your organization’s strategic plan? Are nurse leaders involved in the planning process? Discuss how fiscal planning and strategic planning are related. Does your organization’s plan drive the budget or vice versa?
2.2-week 2 due jan 22
Quiet at Night? You are the night shift charge nurse on a busy surgical unit in a large, urban teaching hospital. Surgeries occur around the clock, and frequently, noise levels are higher than desired because of the significant number of nurses, physicians, residents, interns, and other health-care workers who gather at the nurses station or in the halls outside of patient rooms. Today, the unit manager has come to you because the hospital’s score on the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (hCahPS) survey for the category Always Quiet at Night falls far below the desired benchmark. She has asked you to devise a plan to address this quality of care issue. The management goal in this situation is to achieve an HCAHPS score on Always Quiet at Night that meets the accepted best practices benchmark, thus assuring that patients get the rest they need to promote their recovery. The leadership goal is to foster a shared commitment among all health-care professionals working on the unit to achieve the Always Quiet at Night goal.
1. Identify five management strategies you might use to address the problem of excessive noise on the unit at night. For example, your list might include structural environmental changes or work redesign.
2. Then identify five leadership strategies you might use to promote buy-in of the Quiet at Night initiative by all health-care professionals on the unit. How will you inspire these individuals to work with you in achieving this critically important goal? What incentives might you use to reward behavior conducive to meeting this goal?
3. Discuss whether you feel this goal could be achieved by employing only the management strategies you identified. Could it be achieved only with the implementation of leadership strategies for team building
3- WEEK 3
Week 5 – Lessons of the geese
Due JANUARY 29
Submitting WORLD FORMAT APA STYLE
Analyze “Lessons of the Geese” and broadly discuss how this could be used to create and support an organizational culture that values and uses effective team concepts to improve clinical practice
4- WEEK 4
DUE DATE FEBRUARY 5
The American Nurse
Submitting a text entry box or a file upload
The purpose of this assignment is
1. To identify the attitudes and behaviors that indicate responsibility and accountability as nurse leaders, and
2. Describe the role of nurse leaders in today’s health care environment.
Print “The American Nurse Reflection Study Guide” provided below (click on link) and watch the American Nurse documentary. The documentary provides a snapshot into the lives of five nurses. Use the reflection study guide to reflect and document your reflections as you watch the film.
The American Nurse https://g.co/kgs/z2PguB
4.4 week 4. Due date February 10
Building power as a nurse
You have been an RN for 3 years. Six months ago, you left your position as a day charge nurse at one of the local hospitals to accept a position in the public health agency. You really miss your friends at the hospital and find most of the public health nurses older and aloof. However, you love working with your patients and have decided that this is where you want to build a lifetime career. Although you believe that you have some good ideas, you are aware that because you are new, you will probably not be able to act as change agent yet. Eventually, you would like to be promoted to agency supervisor and become a powerful force for stimulating growth within the agency. You decided that you can do a few things to build a power base. Yo spend a weekend designing a personal power-building plan
Make a power-building plan. Give six to ten specific examples of thing you would do to build a power base in the new organization. Provide rationale for each selection. Outline specific actions that you would take. It might be helpful to consider your own community and personal strengths when solving this learning experience.
Change Theories Project
Use SWOT analisys
DUE DATE FEBRUARY 15
You will create a power point presentation for this assignment.
Student will develop a plan for implementing a change project in your organization. The first step is to identify a problem in your organization. Then you will propose a change to solve the problem. You will use a change theory that models how you want to implement the proposed change. You will conduct a SWOT analysis and develop a comprehensive action plan. You will create a power point presentation of your plan. You will examine the types of communications, decision-making processes you use.
Select and utilize a change theory model to implement the proposed change
Analyze the leadership roles and management skills necessary to implement a new process or change
Leadership Change Project and PPT
|Leadership Change Project and PPT|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeChange
Identifies the proposed change, reasoning for proposed change with examples of current practice, and expected outcomes.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeReview of the literature
At least THREE nursing research articles included. Appropriate nursing theory identified and supported with references. The bibliography should include at least 4 professional, refereed journal articles.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeBudget process
estimate of how much the change will cost (attachment included)
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeDiscuss how nursing leadership can effect this change
• Includes Essentials of Baccalaureate Education • Includes Essential Values • Applies Differentiated nursing practice • Identifies and applies appropriate ANA nursing standards • Incorporates ANA Scope of Practice • Identifies appropriate ethical considerations
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeMechanics
• Correct spelling, grammar, capitalization, punctuation, sentence structure and paragraph construction. • Absence of run-on sentences, incomplete sentences with compound ideas. • APA (6th ed.) format for documentation used throughout the paper
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeOrganization
• Logical content and flow of ideas with smooth transitions between ideas and paragraphs. • Writer’s intent and meaning clear and specifically stated (does not ramble or elude)
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomePower Ponit Presentation
• Oral presentation • Visual design • Grammar and spelling
|Total Points: 100.0|