Discovering Emerging Technologies
Refer to both the Overall Concept for Assignments 1-4 and Appendix A of the Smaldino et al text for guidance in describing the scenario required here.
Note: If you use situations at existing schools and / or companies in order to complete your assignments, do not include names or any other information that may serve to identify the entities that you reference.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Analyze the educational setting into which you wish to introduce an emerging technology (i.e., K-12 or an adult learning environment). Next, discuss one (1) substantive manner in which the setting in question is deficient in at least three (3) characteristics that comprise meaningful learning.
- Describe the desired scenario into which you propose introducing an emerging technology. Identify the content you wish to address. Analyze the student population that you plan to address. Summarize the goal of the scenario in one (1) sentence (Note: Follow the example provided in Appendix A of the Smaldino et al textbook).
- Analyze three (3) emerging technologies which are potentially compatible with the educational setting and the scenario that you had previously introduced. Discuss the attributes and features of each emerging technology, and demonstrate one (1) reason why each technology would be appropriate. Provide a rationale for your response.
- From the three (3) technologies discussed in Question 3, select one (1) emerging technology for the educational setting in question. Create an argument for the use of the selected technology within your designated learning environment.
- Provide at least three (3) sources that document detailed information about this emerging technology. The sources must be written within the last five (5) years.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements: