Analyzing Leadership Decisions
The Portfolio Project is a thoughtful analysis of an ineffective or poor leadership decision. You may use a well-known leadership decision, such as the 2011 decision to split Netflix, which resulted in serious financial losses for the organization. Your project must include the following:
- Research a leadership decision that was ineffective or did not have the desired results.
- Describe the problem that may have precipitated the decision, as well as the apparent processes used by the leaders involved in the decision-making effort.
- Critique the processes they implemented, applying what you learned from this course.
- Recommend a different approach that could have been taken, using theories and methodologies from this course.
- Present a strong case for how your recommendations could have altered the decision made, leading to more effective results for the organization.
Write a paper 10-12 pages in length. Cite a minimum of eight scholarly sources to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to the textbook, six of which should be academic, peer-reviewed sources. Format your project according to the APA writing format.