EXPORT POLICY AND PROCEDURES
Project of export
Research, execute and present a professional quality export plan for a U.S. based business, including global marketing, logistics and finance strategies, as well as the actual list of required documentation.
Choose an exportable product from the US, preferably Arkansas; and a target market is China.
Prepare a complete export plan including all four Modules of the course (Management, Marketing, Finance, Logistics).
Include ALL NINE (9) basic export documents.
The Project forms an important part of the course. You will need to make an Export Plan covering all 4 modules of the course with the required documentation. Pick and describe an exportable product from the US and say why it is interesting to you. It can be a company that is not exporting right now, but you believe it has export potential. It is useful to pick a company you know about; or even a prospective employer. Your Export Market could be the home country of the international team member.
Be creative and find an innovative product and work with it. If you look around you carefully – workplace, family, friends – you are bound to know someone (who knows someone) who runs a business! Find an interesting US (preferably, Arkansas) product and examine its export potential. Or, you could use a large company or an existing exporter and provide accurate information obtained from personal interactions with the company.
1. Picking a US company is a must; Arkansas company is a preferred option.
2. I always recommend using an existing company. Using a fictitious company is allowed; but it takes a lot of work to create all the information.
3. You can use an existing company – which may diversify its product or find new markets.
a. Example: Tyson Chicken – moving into new markets.
b. Example: Tyson Chicken – starting a new (say, “froglegs”) product line.
PROJECT SECTIONS: (start each section on a new page)
TITLE PAGE with Title and YOUR Names.
0. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: Explain why you picked the product and the market(s) that you did. Include 1 or 2 sentences for each of the following sections.
1. MANAGEMENT: Describe your company and the reason to export.
2. MARKETING: describe the export market and why you chose it; discuss the market model
3. FINANCE: describe the export finance aspects and how you expect to receive payment.
4. LOGISTICS & DOCUMENTATION: discuss the modes of transportation, insurance, and all the regulations involved and how you will handle it.
APPENDIX: The 9 basic documents.
The recommended length of the report is 8 pages; but that is not critical, as long as it contains all the sections. Use Times New Roman, 12 font size, standard MS-Word margins, double space.