What is the relationship between quasi-experiments and confounding variables?
|PSYCH/610 Version 2||1|
University of Phoenix Material
Week Five Homework Exercise
Answer the following questions, covering material from Ch. 11 of the Methods in Behavioral Research text:
1. How may a researcher enhance the generalizability of the results of a single case design?
2. What is the relationship between quasi-experiments and confounding variables? Provide an example
3. Provide examples of non-equivalent control group designs. What are the advantages of having a control group?
4. What is a quasi-experimental research design? Why would a researcher use a quasi-experimental design rather than a true experimental design?
5. What is the difference between a cross-sectional and a longitudinal study? What is a sequential study? Which of these designs is most vulnerable to cohort effects? Which design is most vulnerable to the effects of attrition?
6. What are the differences between: needs assessment, program assessment, process evaluation, outcome evaluation, and efficacy assessment? Why is program evaluation important to the field?