How Learning Environment Shapes Personality
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read the webpage for the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB), the Harvey, Luiselli, & Wong, (2009) article, and review the APA’s Ethical principles of psychologists and code of conduct (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. required for this week.
In your initial post:
- Applied behavior analysis is a rapidly growing area of learning psychology. Based on the information in the required web page and article, describe what you think it would be like to be an applied behavior analyst is a school setting.
- Analyze and describe how the APA’s Ethical principles of psychologists and code of conduct (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. might affect the implementation of behavior modification principles.
- Examine the behavioral analysis approach to personality psychology and discuss whether personality shapes behavior or behavior shapes personality. Use evidence from the resources to support your statements.
- Evaluate the cultural implications of addressing and treating mental health issues in standardized school settings.
- Describe the benefits this type of approach might have for students.