Reserved For HIFS
BUSI 1319 – PPD3: Consultancy Project
Student number: 000862256
- Health Food Limited is a cooking sauce and condiments manufacturer in Hong Kong, China. Its products, which now include foodstuffs such as frozen foods and instant foods for heating in a microwave oven, are sold around the world.
Consultancy project background
- Health Food Limited observed that the competitors in the market become more, the company business growth is decrease.
- Aims to improve the company business growth and develop new products to increase the turnover.
Research Methodology (Customer research with questionnaire)
- Involved 200 customers in supermarket
purchase frozen food (e.g: frozen dim sum or dumplings)
- Questionnaire: 9 questions
- 1. Gender?
- 2. How old are you?
- 3. How much is the monthly income?
- 4. How often do you buy frozen food per month, such as dim sum or dumplings?
- 5. How many of frozen food do you buy each time?
- 6. How much of frozen food do you buy each time?
- 7. Do you like to eat vegetarian food?
- 8. If there is a new frozen vegetarian product ‘Ding Ding Veggie’, do you like to try?
- 9. How much of ‘Ding Ding Veggie’ do you prefer to buy?
- Age 25-44 female customers are the target customers for frozen food.
- Customers buy frozen food 2-3 times per month, each times spend around $41-$60.
- 94% customers like vegetarian food.
- 91% people would like to buy ‘Ding Ding Veggie’.
- People who need to gain the time for meal as high workload in daily life. They would like to eat frozen food.
- Vegetarian food is traditionally perceived as a festive food.
- People usually have their vegetarian meals on the first and fifteenth every month of the Lunar year calendar
- Over 90% people like vegetarian food and would like to try a new product ‘Ding Ding Veggie’.
- Aims to provide healthy and convenient food to customers.
- It can increase 10%-15% turnover of company after the projection.