What are the issues that affect health literacy and how can consumer informatics continue to flourish?
Based on your research and understanding, summarize the following topics covered over the term:
· Discuss the different types of surveillance systems available to the public health and medical community.
· What are the issues that affect health literacy and how can consumer informatics continue to flourish? Where can you get credible health information on the Internet?
· Protected health information (PHI) is protected through the HIPAA and HITECH acts. What are the responsibilities of health organizations to make sure PHI stays confidential and is protected from unauthorized breaches?
· Adding health information systems to existing organizations can be a challenge to their workflow and communication systems. What are the various issues and solutions?
· New technology such as telemedicine, Telehealth, simulation training, EHR systems, evidence-based and decision support systems have all improved the quality of healthcare. Explain.
· The Human Genome Project data is useful to researchers for future informatics applications. Discuss the future of medical informatics.
· What areas covered impact your own personal and professional lives? How? Do you have any concerns?