Describe three (3) reasons users are still frustrated with modern applications.
Assignment 4: User Frustration
The quality of the user experience is very important to the success of an application. In the early days of computing, users often experienced long delays since computing power was poor and networks had comparatively slow throughput. Modern systems have largely eliminated these delays due to increased network and computing power, yet users still report a high level of frustration. Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Describe three (3) reasons users are still frustrated with modern applications.
- Suggest one (1) method for reducing the frustrations for each of the reasons you supplied in Question one (1).
- Describe methods for determining if user frustration is caused by poor system design or from the natural frustration associated with learning a new software product.
- Suggest at least three (3) methods to reduce the frustrations among the disabled population and how this population can be better served.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the inherent design issues across HCI environments.
- Explain the use of interaction devices.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in human-computer interaction.
- Write clearly and concisely about HCI topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
- Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.