Discuss how New York City used big data to reduce crime rates.
For this assignment, you will discuss what you have learned in Unit III and Unit IV by creating a 12-slide PowerPoint presentation that addresses the case studies below. Based on your reading of the case study “Is Business Ready for Wearable Computers?”
- Discuss at least three examples of wearable technology.
- Discuss how wearable technology could change the way the company you work for or a company you are familiar with conducts business, and provide an example.
- Discuss at least one advantage and one disadvantage to wearable technology.
- Discuss how business intelligence (BI) systems are used for reporting and data analytics.
Based on your reading of the case study “How Reliable Is Big Data?”
- Explain the term big data in your own words.
- Discuss how the music service Spotify used big data to better serve its customers.
- Discuss how New York City used big data to reduce crime rates.
- Discuss at least one ethical or security issue that big data can pose to individuals.
Based on your reading of the case study “Google, Apple, and Facebook Battle for Your Internet Experience”
- Explain what is meant by mobile technology.
- Discuss how telecommunications and mobile technology networks are vital to companies and how they are fundamentally changing organizational strategies.
- Discuss the mobile strategy used by Google, Apple, and Facebook.
- Discuss at least two challenges posed by the Internet and networking.
Based on your reading of the case study “How Secure Is the Cloud?”
- Discuss at least two security threats to cloud data.
- What should companies do to protect cloud data?
- Discuss why both the company and the cloud vendor are responsible for security.
- Discuss at least one security control that companies can use to increase security.
- Explain why data management has a tremendous impact on an organization’s survival.
In formatting your PowerPoint presentation, do not use the question-and-answer format; instead, use bullets, graphs, and/or charts in your slides to identify important points, and then discuss those points in the speaker notes of each slide. Your PowerPoint presentation must be at at least 12 slides in length (not counting the title and reference slides). You are required to use a minimum of three peer-reviewed, academic sources that are no more than 5 years old (one may be your textbook). All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; all paraphrased material must have accompanying in-text citations. One source must be from the CSU Online Library.