Discuss strategies for examining claims for legitimacy or fallacy
You are the district manager of a luxury watch producer, and sales have been steadily declining. You hold a meeting with your production and sales staff to attempt to identify the reasons for the decline, and the following reasons are offered for the decreased sales:
· slow economy, so no one is buying watches of any kind;
· salespeople are not provided adequate resources to properly market the watches;
· the quality of the watches has declined to the point that people do not want to buy them;
· the supply chain is unable to keep up with orders, so deliveries are slow, and customers are cancelling orders;
· the financial manager does not like the marketing department, so we cannot trust the numbers he produces; and
· the marketing manager should just get rid of the salespeople who are not able to hit the established sales targets.
Given this scenario, answer the following questions.
1. Discuss strategies for examining claims for legitimacy or fallacy. It is not necessary to address all six bullet points above, but clearly identify which are being discussed. [Learning Outcome 4.1]
2. Identify any potential fallacies in logic that might inhibit creative thinking. [Learning Outcome 4.2]
3. Develop strategies for creatively overcoming identified fallacies. [Learning Outcome 4.3]
Formulate your response to these questions using APA style, and include at least two outside sources; your paper must be a minimum of three pages. The textbook may be used, but since it is part of the course, it will not be counted as one of your two outside sources. Please use the library databases to find academic journals to use as your sources.