Examine current practice guidelines related to suicide screening and prevention
- Examine current practice guidelines related to suicide screening and prevention and how they could pertain to John.
- Choose two of the following questions to answer as part of your initial post.
- What events in John’s life created a “downward spiral” into homelessness and hopelessness? Which events were related to social needs, mental health needs, and medical needs, and which could health care have addressed?
- What were some of the barriers John faced in accessing medical care and mental health care?
- How does homelessness and mental illness intersect? Do you believe homelessness may develop because of a mental health issue, or do you believe those who become homeless eventually sink into psychological despair?
- The tipping point for many people who live at the margins of society may be things that could have been managed given the right support. How can your role as an APRN help identify, alleviate, or support those who are in need like John?
- In your own experience, have you encountered a homeless individual? What was that like? Do you recall what you were thinking?
- Please include at least three scholarly sources within your initial post.