Healthcare Systems Around the World
Healthcare systems around the world provide different levels and types of care; funding foreign systems is dramatically different from the United States. Choose a country other than the United States, and research its health care system.
For this discussion, you will provide an overview on your selected country’s health care system. In your main response, address the following elements including consideration of your answers to the questions below:
- Describe any foreign healthcare system by answering the following questions:
- How do the people in the country access health care?
- How do the citizens of the country pay for the health care?
- What is the quality of the health care they receive? Are there unique services provided?
- Describe some of the pros and cons of the system.
- Identify at least two examples of similarities between your selected country and the U.S. healthcare system.
- Differentiate between U.S. health care and the health care system of the country you chose by sharing at least two examples of how they are different.
You must use at least two scholarly or government resources besides your textbook in your research and response.