Practice ‘Enable Others To Act’
For this journal entry, you will identify an aspect of personal leadership that currently has room for improvement, and practice actions to help you strengthen or develop in that area.For this journal entry, complete the following steps:
- Consult the Enable Others to Act data summary in your SLPI 360 Individual Feedback Report, provided by your instructor.
- Record your overall score from the Student Leadership Practices Inventory for Enable Others to Act.
- Of the six leadership behaviors that are part of Enable Others to Act, identify the statement that one of your observers indicated you engage in most frequently. If there is a tie score between two or more behaviors, then indicate the one in which you feel is most accurate.
- Identify the leadership behavior statement that your observers felt you engaged in least often. If there is a tie score between two or more behaviors, then indicate the one in which you feel is most accurate.
- Identify at least one action that you can practice this week to strengthen your least engaged leadership behavior. Review the “Take Action” sections of Chapters 7 & 8 (at the very end of the chapters) in The Student Leadership Challenge for suggestions to help you become a better leader.
- Then implement your plan and describe what you did and the outcomes of your actions. This must be a novel action you initiate for this assignment; you cannot describe a past example. This part of the assignment is worth the most points.
To successfully complete this assignment, view the Module 5 Journal Rubric document.