Blueprint For Healthy Aging: Social Policy, Legal And Regulatory Issues
Your written assignment this week is to develop a draft of the third section of your Blueprint for Healthy Aging – Social Policy, Legal and Regulatory Issues. Specifically, you will identify, summarize, and critically evaluate any relevant social policies, laws, or regulations (or lack thereof) aimed at addressing the problem you are addressing in your Blueprint for Healthy Aging. You will also design a public policy model as part of the proposed solution for your Blueprint for Healthy Aging.
Based on your assigned readings and additional research of relevant policies, laws, and/or regulations related to your problem. You will write a two to three page paper summarizing and critically evaluating the policies and laws as they relate to the specific problem you plan to address in your Blueprint. Your paper should also include recommended changes and/or new proposals for model policies, laws, or regulations that would be part of the solution/plan you will propose in your final Blueprint for Healthy Aging presentation.
Bengtson, V. L., Gans, D., Putney, N. M., & Silverstein, M. (Eds.). (2016). Handbook of theories of aging (3rd ed.). Springer.
· Chapter 21: Aging in Place
· Chapter 22: Theories that Guide Consumer-Directed/Person Centered Initiatives in Policy and Practice
· Chapter 23: Theories Guiding Support Services for Family Caregivers
· Chapter 24: Theoretical Foundations for Designing and Implementing Health Promotion Programs
· Chapter 25: Theories of the Politics and Policies of Aging
· Chapter 26: Theories of Help-Seeking Behavior: Understanding Community Service Use by Older Adults
Bartlett H, & Underwood M. (2009). Life extension technology: implications for public policy and regulation. Health Sociology Review, 18(4), 423–433. https://doi.org/10.5172/hesr.2009.18.4.423
Gruber, J., & Wise, D. A. (Eds.). (2008). Social security and retirement around the world. University of Chicago Press.
DiPrete, T., & Eirich, G. (2006). Cumulative advantage as a mechanism for inequality. Annual Review of Sociology, 32, 271 – 297.