Discuss how they can effectively be used in a network operations setting
The case study company has expressed a desire to have a secure company-wide network infrastructure. Because the network has to revaluated from the beginning, the company wants to ensure that the new network has as many reasonable security controls and mechanisms in place. What solutions can you propose to support these initiatives?
Create the following section for Week 5:
· Week 5: Network Security
· Propose an appropriate network infrastructure that offers sound security practices for the existing intranet and the new proposed expansion.
· Create and describe a diagram of the network architecture, discussing how it can meet the goals of the company.
· Describe the access controls and how the company can ensure that devices and topology are effective and working to protect the company infrastructure.
· Review and describe the need for intrusion detection systems (IDS) and intrusion prevention systems (IPS).
· Discuss how they can effectively be used in a network operations setting.
· Ensure that there is an appropriate use of the IDS and IPS in the network diagram.
· Section 5 should be 4–5 pages long (2–3 pages of network topology, 1–2 pages of IPS and IDS).
· As a final deliverable to the management team, create a Power Point presentation that summarizes the solutions outlined in the Key Assignment template. In addition, describe why the proposed solution is the correct method or mechanism to be implemented. Remember that the presentation is for the management team and should contain the appropriate level of detail.
Please refer to the following worked example of this assignment based on the problem-based learning (PBL) scenario. The worked example is not intended to be a complete example of the assignment, but it will illustrate the basic concepts that are required for completion of the assignment, and it can be used as a general guideline for your own project. Your assignment submission should be more detailed and specific, and it should reflect your own approach to the assignment rather than just following the same outline.