1. Define the transmission grid
2. How is the transmission grid the enabler of new technologies?
3. Name the three primary regions which comprise the grid.
4. Name three challenges that today’s grid is facing.
5. Name the components of the grid system.
Siting Energy Projects presented on April 17th)
1. Name the primary driver cites Oregon’s electric energy supply mix?
2. Describe the role of Oregon’s Energy Facility Siting Council
3. Name the three fundamental questions asked by the EFSC.
4. List 5 standards that will be asked during the siting process.
5. Name one exception to the EFSC process.
1. Describe the midwest growth of wind power
2. Using the NREL Classification of wind power, would a classification rating of 5 be considered “excellent” potential for wind development?
3. How do physical land features/geography affect wind turbine power generation?
4. Name the three major components of a wind turbine