Examine the current work system design, and determine your organization’s selected feasibility in the job design
Create a presentation in a common format (PowerPoint or a similar program) with a minimum of twenty (20) slides and corresponding speaker notes in which you:
- Determine which statistical technique you will employ to measure the quality characteristics of your organization. Provide examples to support the rationale.
- Analyze the current facility location, and then use the three-step procedure to determine a new location.
- Analyze the key concepts related to capacity planning and facility location for the new location.
- Examine the current work system design, and determine your organization’s selected feasibility in the job design (i.e., technical, economic, behavioral). Assess key elements of the rationale in the work design competitive advantage.
- Using the method analysis described in the textbook, defend the new change implementation process and the rationale for the change of method.
- Develop a diagram showing network planning techniques, in which you use the program evaluation and review technique (PERT) and the critical path method (CPM).
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include corresponding speaker notes for each slide included in the presentation.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Apply descriptive statistics to measure quality characteristics.
- Analyze the key concepts related to capacity planning and facility location.
- Examine the key elements of work system design, the project life cycle, and project management.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in operations management.
- Write clearly and concisely about operations management using proper writing mechanics.
Assignment 1 Scenario: Imagine that you are the vice president of operations at a production or service organization. You have noticed that your organization’s current operations strategy is not supporting the challenges that the organization is presently facing. In order to maintain a competitive edge, you must address these challenges with your Chief Executive Officer immediately.
Select an existing production organization. Analyze the organization’s current vision, mission, business strategy, operation strategy, supply chain, total quality management, just-in-time philosophy, forecasting method, statistical technique, facility location, work design, project life cycle, and project management. Note: You will need this information in order to complete this and subsequent assignments.
As you collect the information for Assignment 1 and Assignment 2, remember that in Assignment 3 you must prepare a presentation for your Chief Executive Officer.