How Can We Stop Bullying / Cyberbullying Now?
Per the text and assigned course readings, bullying in general and cyberbullying in particular are ongoing issues which many students today experience, often with tragic consequences. As an educator, one important job you will have is to develop safeguards against bullying in your classroom.
Imagine that you are asked to give a presentation at a conference on a K-12 public school teacher who is preparing to cover the topic of bullying and cyberbullying in your class. To prepare for the presentation, you first have to do some research on your topic.
Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you:
- Define the terms “bullying” and “cyberbullying”, and specify the main difference(s) between these two terms.
- Design a lesson which addresses both bullying in general and cyberbullying specifically, focusing on the following elements:
- Learning objectives of the lesson
- Measurement method(s) use to determine student learning and lesson effectiveness
- Description of lesson type (i.e. lecture, interactive, peer learning activity, etc.)
- Materials needed for the lesson
- Costs and funding for the lesson
- Use at least four (4) peer-reviewed academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and many Websites do not qualify as academic resources. Peer-reviewed academic resources refer to articles and scholarly journals that are reviewed by a panel of experts or peers in the field