How do you think the media influences our ideas about gender and sexuality?
Chapter 11 – Gender and Human Sexuality
Here are some questions to use as a starting point for discussion. Please feel free to discuss any other material that you feel is relevant and interests you.
1. Discuss the significance of gender roles and gender issues, and how they have affected your life.
2. Discuss communication differences between men and women. Give specific examples and refer to how they affect your relationships. Do you think there are more individual differences or gender differences?
3. How do you think the media influences our ideas about gender and sexuality?
Chapter 12 – Motivation and Emotion
1. How do you think motivation affects your life? What motivates and interests you? Although you may be motivated, do you ever procrastinate; and, if so, when and why?
2. Recently, in the news, there have been several reports of gun shootings and violence in our society and around the world. What do you think is the motivation behind the violence? Does it have to do with gun control, mental health issues, pure evil or a combination of all three components?
3. Select and discuss an emotion or emotions that affect your life. Are you often angry, happy, jealous, nervous, envious, disgusted, etc.? Try to apply a theory of emotion to your experience.
4. Discuss non-verbal behaviors. How and when do you use them, observe them and what are some cultural differences and/or similarities concerning non-verbal behavior?
Please read attachment of the overview of chapter 5 and 6, then answer the questions.
Is a college psychology online class discussion, so don’t have to use really complicated words and each question please answer in 2-3 sentences.