Spiritual Formation Blog
Based upon your reading of Foundations of Spiritual Formation: A Community Approach to Becoming Like Christ and your own personal experience, write a 1,000-word (double-spaced, 12-point font) blog post as if you were writing it for an online blog. In your blog, you will (1) identify 1 or 2 spiritual formation concepts addressed in the book that you need to incorporate into your own walk of faith; (2) outline a plan of action to address those areas; and (3) write a final paragraph to a real or imagined person planning to enter seminary and offer one piece of advice that you think will help him/her continue to grow in his/her faith while enrolled in seminary.
Research Paper: Final Instructions
You will write a 3,500–4,000-word (14–16-page) Research Paper in current Turabian format, on a topic of your choice by using the list below. Papers may address one of the following topics:
· The life of Muhammad
· A specific aspect of Islamic history (e.g. the Ummayad dynasty, Crusades, Ottoman Empire)
· A specific aspect of Islamic theology (e.g. the Quran, salvation in Islam, Muslim prayer)
· A sect of Islam (e.g. Sunni, Shia, Sufi)
· Folk Islam
· A specific Muslim people group or country (e.g. Islam in Iran, the Kayble Berbers of Algeria)
· Strategies for witnessing among Muslims (e.g. answering common objections to the Gospel, storying among Muslims)
· Church planting among Muslims
· Controversial issues related to reaching Muslims (e.g. insider movements, Jesus mosques, the Camel method)
You may consult with the instructor for other possible topics. While the subjects listed above are broad in nature, you will want to develop a very specific topic led by a focused thesis.
You will possibly deal with multiple themes explored in the course, for instance:
· Muhammad’s counter tribal approach to religion and state: a member of the Quraysh tribe leading a religio-political movement in sixth-century Mecca.
· Evangelism and/or church planting efforts toward Shia or Sufi Muslims.
· Presenting the Gospel to Folk Muslims.
· What would Muhammad have thought about C5 insider movements?
Be absolutely sure to include an implications and/or application section, or sprinkle them (implications and application) throughout. This is not merely an academic exercise. While presenting and analyzing information is important, a primary goal is to show how that knowledge can be used as a bridge to share the Gospel with Muslims.