Standards For Moral Conduct In Criminal Justice
As you have learned throughout this course, the criminal justice field demands moral conduct from all participants. In your Final Paper, you will create a set of core, ethical beliefs and moral requirements for people engaged in your line of work, or your intended line of work (Criminal Investigator).
In your paper,
- Compile a comprehensive job description for your line of work or intended line of work (Criminal Investigator)
- Identify all of the stakeholders related to the position;
- Describe at least three practical work scenarios where ethical decision making and moral action must be taken in the position;
- Evaluate the pros and cons of two ethical theories applicable to the work scenarios you chose;
- Create your own code of ethics for the position and the foundational sources for your code;
- Design a best-practices checklist for your chosen position; and
- Propose how your code of ethics will positively impact all stakeholders to the position.
The Final Paper
- Must be eight double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style
- Must include a separate title page with the following
- Must use at least eight scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style